Thursday 29 August 2013

The Autobiography of a Fly

             I am a very small and innocent-looking insect. I am found everywhere. There are few houses in a city, and few shops in a bazaar, where you will not find me. I know people do not like me much. But still I manage to live. They have devised many ways to drive me away from their houses but still I am able to find my way there, somehow 

             I do not like all places equally well. I like the kitchen and the dining-room better than the office and the drawing-room. I do not like clean houses, which have wire-gauze doors. But I do like the houses that are dirty. I Like dirty and filthy places. I like filth because I was born in filth, grew up in it, and live on it. As the air is to man. water is to fishes, so is filth , i.e. I am in my element in it.
             As there are some places which I particularly like in the same  way there are some people I like better than others. For instance. I like the careless housewife very much. She keeps her foodstuff uncovered and her sweets unprotected. I also like some of these lazy fat confectioners very much. They never cover their sweets or use whisks to trouble me. The vendors at railway stations are also my friends. They never scare me away from their sweets and other dainties. I always bless the
people who run hotels and small kitchens, for they allow me to feast upon the most delicious dishes before they are tasted by human beings.
             As there are certain persons and places very dear to me, so there are certain days which are very welcome to me. For instance, I always like festivals and weddings very much. Even before the guests arrive, my friends and I sir on sweets and dainties and have a grand feast. What a happy and gay life!
             I hate the winter, when a large numbers of my friends and relatives die of the intense cold, and others are too benumbed to stir out. Oh. then life indeed becomes a burden!

No comments:

Post a Comment